DVS adds NEW Therapy and Fitness Centre to its specialist veterinary services
Davies Veterinary Specialists (DVS) has opened a brand new Therapy and Fitness Centre at its Hertfordshire veterinary referral practice. The large, purpose-built centre complements the private referral practice’s multi-specialist veterinary services to provide a full remit of small animal care and rehabilitation under one roof.
Good rehabilitation is pivotal to the recovery process following injury or surgery and for the management of long-term conditions such as arthritis. Full compliance with veterinary rehabilitation and fitness programmes is usually more likely if owners can fully understand the importance of the process by working with a friendly, professional team, preferably at a bespoke centre.
The Davies Therapy and Fitness Centre has been developed following two years of scrupulous planning with the intention of supporting referring practices. Run by a team of Chartered Physiotherapists, Hydrotherapists and Anaesthetists, it benefits from a large hydrotherapy suite, a therapeutic exercise area and gym, and outdoor exercise area, four spacious consultation and treatment rooms and a bright and airy reception. Services include physiotherapy, rehabilitation, underwater treadmill therapy, soft supports, splinting and orthotics, fitness and conditioning and acupuncture and pain management clinics.
“We are very excited about our fabulous new facility,” said Diane Messum, Head of Physiotherapy. “Our mission is to work with referring practitioners to treat every pet, and their owner, with the utmost care and compassion throughout the entire veterinary process. We aim to minimise pain and restore the animals we treat to their maximum physical and mental wellbeing, with the provision of expert therapy, fitness and pain management.”
To find out more visit www.vetspecialiststherapy.co.uk
- The DVS Therapy and Fitness Centre team comprises:
- Diane Messum, MCSP, HCPC, ACPAT Cat A, BSc(Hons) Physiotherapy, MSc Veterinary Physiotherapy, AACP, RAMP, Head of Physiotherapy
- Sarah Conley, MCSP, HCPC, ACPAT Cat A, BSc Equine Science and Management,MSc(Pre-reg) Physiotherapy, PGDip Veterinary Physiotherapy, PGCE, RAMP, Chartered Physiotherapist
- Jessica Holden, BSc (Hons) Applied Animal Studies, Hydrotherapist
- Louise Clark, BVMS, CertVA, DipECVAA, MSc (Clinical Management of Pain), MRCVS, Head of Anaesthesia
- Carl Bradbrook, BVSc CertVA DipECVAA MRCVS, Anaesthetist
- Fran Downing, BVSc, DipECVAA, MSc, MRCVS, Anaesthetist
- Ellie West, MA VetMB MRCVS CertVA, Anaesthetist
- Two Images attached. Diane Messum, Head of Physiotherapy with a patient in the hydrotherapy tank. A patient in the hydrotherapy tank. Others available on request.
- Davies Veterinary Specialists (DVS) is one of the largest and most diverse small animal veterinary referral centres in Europe. Accessibly based in Higham Gobion, Hertfordshire, DVS employs more than 30 specialist clinicians, a total of 51 veterinary surgeons, 65 nurses, many with an advanced nursing qualification, and 30 administrators and support staff.
- Further information from: firstname.lastname@example.org 07768 958911